Ellen Jane Nelson1,2
Female, #69737, b. February 10, 1847, d. February 11, 1924
|Relationship||Ellen Jane Nelson is a spouse of one of my relatives. Because Ellen Jane is not a relative of mine I am not actively researching her.|
|Birth||February 10, 1847||Ellen was born February 10, 1847 in Cole County, Missouri.3 |
|Birth of Daughter||between 1868 and 1869||Her daughter Laura was born between 1868 and 1869 in Illinois.4 |
|Marriage||March 5, 1868||She married Isaac Thomas Murphy, son of John Murphy Jr and Rosanna Moore, March 5, 1868 in Warren County, Illinois.3 |
|Birth of Daughter||between 1871 and 1872||Her daughter Minnie was born between 1871 and 1872 in Illinois.5 |
|Birth of Son||May 15, 1874||Her son Charles was born on May 15, 1874 in Abingdon, Knox County, Illinois.1,2 |
|Birth of Daughter||between 1878 and 1879||Her daughter Ida was born between 1878 and 1879 in Missouri.5 |
|Birth of Son||September, 1885||Her son Albert was born in September, 1885 in Illinois.6 |
|Marriage of Son||December 9, 1897||Her son, Charles Butler Murphy, married Susan Ethel Parrish on December 9, 1897.1,2 |
|Death of Spouse||April 12, 1902||She was widowed when her husband, Isaac, died on April 12, 1902 in Kewanee, Henry County, Illinois.3 |
|Death of Son||May 14, 1918||Her son, Charles, died on May 14, 1918 in Cameron, Warren County, Illinois.1,2 |
|Death||February 11, 1924||Ellen died February 11, 1924 in Kewanee, Henry County, Illinois at age 77.3 |
|(household member) Census 1870||July 21, 1870||Ellen Jane Nelson was listed as a member of the household of Julona Ray in the 1870 Census on July 21, 1870 in Roseville, Warren County, Illinois. Other members of the household listed were Isaac Thomas Murphy and Laura J Murphy. Wife of Isaac Thomas Murphy.4 |
|Census 1880||June 2, 1880||Ellen was listed as Isaac Thomas Murphy's wife in the 1880 Census on June 2, 1880 in Bogard Township, Henry County, Missouri. Other members of the household listed were Laura J Murphy, Minnie M Murphy, Charles Butler Murphy and Ida A Murphy.5 |
|Number Children||June, 1900||Ellen Jane Nelson had eight children of whom five were living as of June, 1900.6 |
|Census 1900||June 6, 1900||Ellen was listed as Isaac Thomas Murphy's wife in the 1900 Census on June 6, 1900 at 310 West 5th Street Kewanee, Henry County, Illinois. Other members of the household listed were Albert J Murphy There are also two lodgers lised in the household.6 |
- [S4300] Extract from the records of Charlie Cook, E-mail Charlie Cook's records may be viewed at http://wc.rootsweb.com/cgi-bin/igm.cgi?op=SHOW&db=charliecook., Jane Murphy Brock, 12/1/2007.
- [S3971] World Wide Web, Genealogy of Charlie Cook, Charles Lowell Cook Jr, this source may be viewed at http://wc.rootsweb.com/cgi-bin/igm.cgi?op=SHOW&db=clowell,.
- [S5808] World Wide Web, Silliman Kurtz Olson Hafslund Ancestors, Carol Olson, this source may be viewed at http://wc.rootsweb.ancestry.com/cgi-bin/igm.cgi?db=tayolson1, reviewed update of October 6, 2009.
- [S11242] U.S. Census Illinois 1870, Warren County, Roseville.
- [S11243] U.S. Census Missouri 1880, Henry County, Bogard Township.
- [S11244] U.S. Census Illinois 1900, Henry County, Kewanee.
Do not accept the accuracy/validity of any of the information on these pages without verifying it yourself. Please study my sources carefully before relying on the information. If you notice any problems or errors in the information or the display on these pages, please e-mail me (see bottom of page).