- [S230] U.S. Census Kentucky 1830, Abraham Cook, Shelby County, 1830, Page 263, north of road from Louisville to Frankfort, Ancestry.com census images, National Archives, Washington DC,
Abraham Cook Jr
male age 20-30: 1 (Abraham jr)
male age 5-10: 1 (?????)
male age To 5: 1(?????)
female age 20-30: 1 (wife-Hannah)
female age 5-10: 1 (Sarah Ann?)
female age To 5: 1 (E.???)
- [S283] Eula Richardson Hasskarl, Shelby County Kentucky Marriages 1792-1833 Page 114, Marriage of Samuel Miles and Mary Vardeman, Garril Louis Kueber Sr.
Samuel Miles and Mary Vardeman, widow of Thomas Vardeman, married 3 Apr 1823. Bondsman- Nathan Underwood.
- [S298] Eula Richardson Hasskarl, Shelby County Kentucky Marriages Vol II (1834-1878) Page 43, Marriage of Johnathan Miles and Sarah Cook, Garril Louis Kueber Sr.
Jonathan Miles and Sarah Ann Cook, daughter of Abraham Cook, jr. married on 9 Jun 1842. Bondsman - William Cook.
- [S321] U.S. Census Kentucky 1850, William Miles Cook, Shelby County, District 1, October 4, 1850, Page 328B, Dwelling 812, Ancestry.com Census images, National Archives, Washington D.C.,
W M Cook (William Miles), age 27, male, farmer, born KY, married within year
C A Cook (Cynthia Ann Carr?), age 30?, female, born KY, married within year,.
- [S421] Eula Richardson Hasskarl, Shelby County Kentucky Marriages Vol II (1834-1878) Page 70, Marriage of Wesley Cook and Sarah Ann Johnson, Garril Louis Kueber Sr.
Wesley W. Cook and Sarah Ann Johnson (consent of mother), married on 1 Jan 1849. Bondsman - Abraham Cook, jr. I am pretty sure that Abraham Cook, jr. is the same person as this Abraham Cook.
- [S969] U.S. Census, Kentucky, 1810, Samuel Miles, Shelby County, 1810, Page 233, Ancestry.com census images, National Archives, Washington DC,
male age 26-45: 1
male age to 10: 4
female age 26-45: 1
female age to 10: 2
- [S1076] Benjamin Miles, Will Book 10, Page 125, Kentucky Will Books 9 and 10 Microfilm of Shelby County, Family History Library,
Shelby County Decr 6th 1828
In the name of God Amen I Benjamin Miles of the county and state? afsd being in good health as usual and of sound mind and of disposing memory but recollecting the shortness & uncertainty of human life do therefore ordain and establish this instrument as my last will and testament in the manner & form following to wit
I will that after my death my body be decently interred in the earth & my soul go to god who gave it
I wish that my Executors hereinafter named offer my ? to sell do much of my perishable property as will pay off all my debts & expenses and also be discharged and pay of the following legacies viz I give to brothers John Miles, Samuel Miles, heir Evan Miles, James Miles, Enos Miles, & Isaac Miles the sum of one dollar each and to my sister Hannah Prothro one dollar and to the heirs or legal representatives of my sister Sarah Sargent I also give the sum of one dollar all the residue of my property both real and personal I give to my well beloved step daughter Juretta Lawson the possession of which however is not to be given her till after the death of my wife who (ie?) my wife Lela Miles I desire to have full and intimate possession of all my property afsd during her natural life. I appoint my friend Henry Bohannon my Excr of this my last will & testament in ? whereof I have hereunto set my hand and affixed my seal the day & year first above written.
Signed : Benjamin (his x mark) Miles
Acknowledged: William Bohannon, Seth Cook, ? C Finley
N.B. In the eleventh line from the bottom of the first page the word heirs is inserted in the tenth line from the bottom of the first page the words Enos Miles & Isaac Miles are also inserted which I acknowledge.
Signed: Benja (his x mark) Miles
Shelby County October Term 1833
A writing purporting to be the last will and testament of Benjamin Miles decd was produced in court whereupon Seth Cook & William Bohannon two of the subscribing witnesses thereto being sworn state that said writing was acknowledged by the said Benjamin to be his last will & testament and that they believe he was of sound disposing mind & memory at the time of doing the same which will is ordered to be recorded and thereupon Henry Bohannon the Excr named in the will came into court and refused to qualify as such and on motion time is given until next term to Selia Miles the widow to qualify & give bond.
Att Ja S Whitaker clerk, Shelby County Court.
- [S1229] Jasper Cook and Mary E Poole, marriage license and return, February 24, 1876, Volume 11A(white), Page 15, Kentucky, Shelby Co Marriage Records, Volumes 10A-11C, 1869-1881, film no. 1759305, Latter Day Saints Church, Salt Lake City, Utah,
Jasper Cook, residence Shelby Co, age 22, first marriage, farmer, born Shelby Co, father born Shelby Co, mother born Franklin Co, and Mary E Poole, residence Shelby Co, age 24, first marriage, born Shelby Co, father born Spencer Co, mother born Shelby Co, to be married February 24, 1876 at W L Pooles. Bondsman - E L Poole.
- [S1230] W W Cook and Mrs Julia A Urban, marriage license (no return), July 19, 1878, Volume 11A(white), Page 205, Kentucky, Shelby Co Marriage Records, Volumes 10A-11C, 1869-1881, film no. 1759305, Latter Day Saints Church, Salt Lake City, Utah,
W W Cook of Shelby, age 50, 2nd marriage, farmer, born Shelby, father and mother born Shelby, and Julia A Urban of Shelby, age 42, 2nd marriage, born Ohio, father born Ireland, mother born New York, married 19 July 1878. Bondsman - Theoph Steele.
- [S1291] Mrs Marinda B Harrod, Kentucky Archives Death Certificate Microfilm 7016199 Death Certificate No. 29461, died November 8, 1917, Frankfort, Kentucky, Kentucky Archives,
Mrs Marinda B Harrod died 8 Nov 1917, in Paris, KY, at S Main Street, age 72 years, 0 months, 7 days, married. She was born 1 Nov 1845 in Kentucky. Father was Abraham Cook, born Kentucky. Mother was Hannah Miles, born Kentucky. She was buried Paris Cemetery in Paris, KY. Cause of death was anaemic asthema, contributory pneumonia. Informant was Jas. Peffer.
- [S1303] Eusebia Neville Wade, Kentucky Archives Death Certificate Microfilm 7017500 Death Certificate No. 10707, died April 21, 1925, Frankfort, Kentucky, Kentucky Archives,
Euseba Neville Wade, widow, died 21 Apr 1925 at 9:30 pm in Bagdad, age 79 years, 5 months, 20 days. Born 1 Nov 1845 in Shelby Co. Father- Abraham Cook, born Shelby Co. Mother- Hannah Miles, born Ohio. Buried Indian Fork 23 Apr 1925. cause- infirmities due to old age & Hypesoarse pneumonia. Informant- Mrs W M Martin of Bagdad.
- [S1480] U.S. Census, Kentucky, 1820, Samuel Miles, Shelby County, 1820, Page 174, Ancestry.com census images, National Archives, Washington DC,
age 45 up: male 1 (Samuel Miles); female 1 (?????)
age 18-26: male 2 (?????)
age 16-26: female 1 (????)
age 16-18: male 1 (????)
age 10-16: male 3(????, Squire, William)
age to 10: female 3 (?????),.
- [S2713] U.S. Census Indiana 1830, Evan Miles, Jefferson County, Lancaster Twp, 1830, Page 115, Ancestry.com census images, National Archives, Washington DC,
males 50 to 60 1
males 15 to 20 2
males 10 to 15 1
males 5 to 10 1
females 40 to 50 1
females 10 to 15 2,.
- [S2810] Eula Richardson Hasskarl, Shelby County Kentucky Marriages 1792-1833 Page 114, Marriage of Benjamin Miles and Cescillia Lawson, Garril Louis Kueber Sr.
Benjamin Miles and Cescillia Lawson (father is dead), married May 11, 1823, Bondsman - James Lewis.
- [S3090] , Jack Vardaman Family Tree: Family Tree Maker File, received from David Miles Vardiman , downloaded received June 18, 2004.
- [S3151] Ancestry.com database, Kentucky Marriages to 1850,.
- [S3431] U.S. Census Wisconsin 1870, Isaac Miles, Rock County, Fulton, July 13, 1870, Page 3, Family 20, Ancestry.com Census Images, National Archives, Washington DC,
Miles, Isaac, age 55, male, white, farming, born Kentucky
Miles, Elizabeth, age 56, female, white, born Maryland
Miles, L E, age 20, male, white, born Indiana
Miles, Evan, age 91, male, white, born Virginia
Miles, Catharine, age 78, female, white, born Virginia,.
- [S11894] U.S. Census Wisconsin 1860, Evan Miles, Rock County, Fulton, June 8, 1860, Page 20, Dwelling 156, Family 156, Ancestry.com census images, National Archives, Washington DC,.
- [S11895] U.S. Census Indiana 1850, Ivin Miles, Ripley County, Shelby Township, September 25, 1850, Page 346A, Dwelling 331, Family 334, Ancestry.com census images, National Archives, Washington DC,.
- [S12878] Ancestry.com database, Kentucky Deaths 1852-1953,.