- [S229] U.S. Census Kentucky 1830, Royal sr Wade, Shelby County, 1830, Page 264, southern division, Ancestry.com census images, National Archives, Washington DC,
male age 60-70: 1 (Uriah Wade)
male age 15-20: 2 (Josiah, Squire)
male age 10-15: 1 (William)
female age 50-60: 1 (wife-Rachel)
female age 20-30: 2 (Susannah, Margaret)
female age 15-20: 1 (Eliza),.
- [S235] U.S. Census Kentucky 1840, Royal Sr Wade, Shelby County, 1840, Page 134, Ancestry.com census images, National Archives, Washington DC,.
- [S487] Emma Hardin Baker, letter to Hattie Martin Kesler, June 13, 1957.
- [S554] Kentucky Historical Society Vital Statistics Card File, Kentucky Historical Society Library, Frankfort, Kentucky,
Ann Elizabeth Snook born 1854 in Franklin County.
Jeffrey Wade born Shelby County. Jeffrey Wade died at the age of 7 years in Shelby County on 7 Nov 1857.
Fountain Porter Wade born 7 May 1855 in Shelby County.
Martha Ellen Wade born 1859.
Sarah Belle Snook died 15 Sep 1860, age 4, cause flux.
- [S811] Frances T Ingmire, Franklin County Kentucky Marriage Records (1852-1857, 1860 1862, 1875-1877) Page 2, Marriage of Roayl Wade and Martha Lewis, Garril Louis Kueber Sr.
3/30/1852 Roayl Wade, residing Missouri, age 30, single, born unknown and Martha Lewis, residing Franklin Co, age 29, single, born Franklin Co, Kentucky.
- [S812] Eula Richardson Hasskarl, Shelby County Kentucky Marriages Vol II (1834-1878) Page 44, Marriage of Samuel Robertson and Cynthia Wade, Garril Louis Kueber Sr.
Samuel Robertson and Cynthia A Wade married February 3, 1842. Bondsman - Royal Wade, father of Cynthia.
- [S967] U.S. Census, Kentucky, 1810, Royal Wade, Shelby County, 1810, Page 209, Ancestry.com census images, National Archives, Washington DC,
male age 26-45: 1
male age 10-16: 1
male age to 10: 3
female age 26-45: 1
female age 10-16: 1
female age to 10: 4,.
- [S1151] Eli Haydon and Mary C Wade, marriage license and return, November 10, 1864, Volume 9, license no. 3034, Kentucky, Shelby Co Marriage Records, Volumes 8-9, 1852-1869, film no. 0259275, Latter Day Saints Church, Salt Lake City, Utah,
Eli Haydon of Shelby County, age 37, second marriage, Miller, born Franklin County, father and mother born Kentucky and Mary C Wade of Shelby County, age 28, first marriage, born Franklin County, father born Shelby County, mother born Franklin County. Married 10 Nov 1864. Bondsman - Wesley Wade, Mary's father. Marriage at Wesley Wade's by T M Daniel.
- [S1476] U.S. Census, Kentucky, 1820, Royal Wade, Shelby County, 1820, Page 174, Ancestry.com census images, National Archives, Washington DC,
age 45 up: male 1 (Royal Wade Sr)
age 18-26: male 2 (Ariel Royal)
age 16-18: male 1 (John)
age 10-16: male 2 (Anderson, Isaac)
age To 10: male 3 (Josiah, Squire, William)
age 45 up: female 1 (wife-Rachel)
age 16-26: female 2 (Rachel, Jr, (Susannah)
age 10-16: female 2 (Margaret, Elizabeth)
The identity of the second male aged 18-26 is not known. Polly and Sally Wade were married.,.
- [S1489] IGI (International Genealogical Index) Version 4.00 North America,.
- [S1802] Harriet Martin Kesler, Garril Louis Kueber Sr,.
- [S1829] Records of Six-mile Baptist Church, Shelby County Library,
Royal Wade and his wife received letters of dismission as ordered in a church meeting of 1815-October. James Ford, clk. Note on folder says "changed to Christiansburg".,.
- [S1870] James A Wade and Sarah Christie, marriage license and return, September 2, 1847, Volume ?, license no. 1623, Kentucky, Shelby Co Marriage Records, Volumes 5-7, film no. 0259274, Latter Day Saints Family History Library, Salt Lake City, Utah,
Bond for James A Wade and Sarah Chrisie August 27, 1847. Bond by Samuel Miles. License for James A Wade and Sarah Christie by consent of her father Israil Christie. Return: married them 2 September 1847 by Abram Cook.
- [S1894] Shelby County, Kentucky Deed Grantee Index 1793-1818, LDS film 0259226, item 1, Family History Library. March 24, 1807
Seth Cook from C Lynch 100 acres, Six Mile Creek, page 212
Abraham Cook from C Lynch 100 acres, Six Mile Creek, page 259
Abraham Cook from C Lynch 250 acres, Six Mile Creek, page 264
Moses Cook from D McCleland 500 acres, Silver Creek, page 268
Abraham Cook from C Lynch 208 acres, Six Mile Creek, page 274
February 12, 1808
March 7, 1811
Wm W Cook
February 1 or 7, 1807 Royal Wade from A Lynch 150 acres, Six Mile Creek, page 192
- [S1905] Franklin County, Kentucky Marriages, KY GenWeb, this source may be viewed at http://www.rootsweb.com/~kyfrankl/MarriageRecords.htm, reviewed update of September 28, 2000.
- [S2026] William Gilbert Scroggins, File on Royal Wade, Garril Louis Kueber Sr,unpublished, last updated June 26, 1998,Woodford County, Kentucky,Deed 1793,Pages 8-9,
Royal and Rachel Jones Wade moved to Woodford County, Kentucky, sometime after appearing in court in Franklin County, Virginia, on 01 August 1791 and before 23 November 1793, when they bought 50 acres of land on Glenns Creek in Woodford County from Daniel and Elizabeth Woodfield, for 25 pounds (Woodford County Deed Book B, page 329):
This Indenture made this 23rd day of November in the year of our Lord one thousand seven hundred and ninety three between Daniel Woodfield and Elizabeth his wife of the County of Woodford and District of Kentucky of the one part and Royal Wade of County and District aforesaid of the other part witnesseth that for ... 25 pounds current money of said State ... Daniel Woodfield ... hath ... sold ... one certain tract ... of land... in the County of Woodford on the waters of Glenns Creek and bounded as follows ... corner to Conradus Piles running thence with his line ... containing by a survey 50 acres ... to ... Royal Wade ... In witness whereof we have set our hands and seals the day and year above written.
Signed sealed and delivered
in presence of us Daniel Woodfield (Seal)
Thos. Jones Elizabeth Woodfield (Seal)
Woodford County March Court 1794
This indenture ... produced in Court and acknowledged by Danl. Woodfield and Elizh. his wife she being first previously examined ... voluntarily relinquished her right of dower ... ordered to be recorded
Cave Johnson CWC,.
- [S2027] William Gilbert Scroggins, File on Royal Wade, Garril Louis Kueber Sr,unpublished, last updated June 26, 1998,Woodford County, Kentucky,Deed 1805,Pages 9-10,
Royal and Rachel Wade resided in Shelby County, Kentucky, on 05 August 1805, when they sold the 50 acres on Glenns Creek to Isaac Miles for 75 pounds (Woodford County Deed Book C1, page 473):
This Indenture made the 5th day of August in the year of our Lord one eight hundred and five between Royal Whad and Rachel his wife of the County of Shelby and State of Kentucky of the one part and Isaac Miles of the County of Woodford and State aforesaid the part Witnesseth that for ... 75 pounds lawfull money of Kentucky ... Royal Wade ... have ... sold ... to ... Isaac Miles one certain part or parcel of land ... in the County of Woodford on the waters of Glenns Creek and bounded as follows ... corner to Conradus Piles (now Isaac Miles) ... containing by a survey 50 acres ... In witness whereof we have set our hands and seals the day and date above written
Signed sealed and delivered Royal Wade (Seal)
in presence of us Rachel Wade (Seal)
Woodford County Sct August 5th 1805
This deed from Royal Wade and Rachel his wife to Isaac Miles was ... acknowledged by ... Royal and Rachel she being prively examined and having voluntarily relinquished her right of dower ... recorded in my office
If the recorded copy of this deed was transcribed accurately, Royal and Rachel Wade both could write their names and signed it in full.
Glenns Creek rises near Versailles, Kentucky, the Woodford County seat, and flows northwest along State Route 1659, into Kentucky River near the Franklin County line (Kentucky General Highway map, Woodford County, 1973).,.
- [S2028] William Gilbert Scroggins, File on Royal Wade, Garril Louis Kueber Sr,unpublished, last updated June 26, 1998,Shelby County, Kentucky,Deed 1807,Pages 10-11,
On 01 April 1807 Royal Wade acquired 157 acres, on Six Mile Creek in Shelby County, from Charles Lynch for $1.00. The minimal payment suggests that there was another, more important consideration involved, such as a familial relationship, but the basis for the price is not known. The tract adjoined lands of Abraham Cook, John Miles, Bohannon, Rogers and Plaister. With the exception of Rogers, these surnames are found with the Wades in Franklin County, Virginia. The parcel of land was part of a 2000-acre survey patented to William Dandridge and William Duvall. Lynch was represented in the transaction by William Taylor, Attorney-in-Fact. The deed was witnessed by John Rogers, Samuel Miles and Abraham Cook (Shelby County Deed Book H1, page 129):
This Indenture made the first day of April 1807 between Charles Lynch of Shelby and State of Kentucky of the one part and Royal Wade of the County and State afoursaid Witnesseth that the said Lynch for and in consideration of one dollar to him in hand hath Sold a Tract of land unto the said Wade contain One Hundred and fifty Seven acres lying in the County afoursaid on the Waters of Six Mile being part of a Survey for two thousand acres pattented to William Dandridge & William Duvall and bounded as follows ... (adjacent to Abraham Cook, Rogers, John Miles, Bohannon and Plaister) ... in Witness Whereof the said Lynch hath hereunto Set his hand and Seal the day and year first Written
John Rogers Charles Lynch (Seal)
John Miles by William Taylor atty in fact
Saml Miles (Recorded 18 July 1807)
Indian Fork Creek rises on the west side of the North Benson Hills at the village of Consolation. Indian Fork Baptist Church, on Highway 12, between Consolation and Jacksonville, is on one of the upper runs of the stream, which flows north into Six Mile Creek, a tributary of Kentucky River. Benson Creek drains the other side of the ridge into the Kentucky. The other streams of Shelby County run south into Salt River (State highway map). A map of Jacksonville, Precinct No. 9, Shelby County, in 1882, shows the residence of Anderson Wade, south of Consolation on the road to North Benson Post Office (now Hatton), which probably was on the land of his father Royal Wade. The dwelling of A. Wade and of I. and J. Wade are near each other. One of their neighbors, across the road, was R. Rodgers. There were Cooks and Miles nearby, and Mrs. Jane Wilcoxson Bohannon, widow of William Bohannon, whose daughter Pamela married Benjamin Scrogin, lived across the road. Walnut Grove School was situated between the homes of R. Rodgers and Mrs. J. Bohannon. William Samuel Scrogins, son of Benjamin and Pamela Bohannon Scrogin, and his wife Mary Edna Wade, daughter of William and Louisa Johnson Wade, resided near Jacksonville (AN ATLAS OF HENRY AND SHELBY COUNTIES, KENTUCKY, D. J. Lake and Company, Philadelphia, 1882).
The lands of Royal Wade and Benjamin Scrogin adjoined a tract sold in Shelby County (Deed Book R2, page 381).,.
- [S2029] William Gilbert Scroggins, File on Royal Wade, Garril Louis Kueber Sr,unpublished, last updated June 26, 1998,Shelby County, Kentucky,Deed 1835,Page 11,
Royal and Rachel Wade again signed their names in full to the deed whereby they sold a parcel of land on Six Mile Creek in Shelby County, containing 13 acres and 15 poles, to James Bright, for $55.00, on 15 May 1835. Neighboring land owners were Israel Christie, William Pierson and Rodgers (Shelby County Deed Book C2, page 169):
This Indenture made this 15th day of May in the year of our Lord 1835 between Royal Wade and Rachel his wife of the County and State of Kentucky on the first part and Jas. Bright of the County of Shelby and State of Kentucky of the second part Witnesseth that ... Royal Wade for ... fifty five dollars ... hath ... sold ... unto ... James Bright ... that parcel of land situate ... in the County of Shelby on the waters of Six Mile containing thirteen acres and fifteen poles and bounded as follows ... corner to Israel Christie and also to the tract of land lately sold by William Peirson to Jas. Bright ... to two beeches in Rodgers line thence ... to the north side of a branch of Six Mile Creek thence up the branch and with the meanders thereof ... to Jas. Brights line where it crosses the branch ... In witness whereof the said party of the first part hereunto set their hands and seals the day and date first above written
Royal Wade (Seal)
Rachel Wade (Seal)
State of Kentucky Shelby County Sct
I James S. Whitaker Clerk of the County Court for sd. County do certify that this deed from Royal Wade and Rachel his wife to James Bright was produced to me by the grantor and acknowledged ... and the said Rachel being examined by me privily and apart from her husband that she did freely and willingly seal and deliver said writing and wishes not to retract it ... Given under my hand this 16th day of May 1835
Ja. S. Whitaker Clk,.
- [S2252] U.S. Census Indiana 1880, Royal Wade, Hendricks County, West Half Center Twp, ED 136, June 4, 1880, Page 8, Dwelling 66, Family 72, Ancestry.com images, National Archives, Washington DC,
Wade, Royal, white, male, age 61, farmer, scropulosis ulcer on nose & side face, born Kentucky, father born Virginia, mother born Kentucky
Wade, Martha A, white, female, age 56, wife, keeping house, born Kentucky, father born Georgia, mother born Virginia
Wade, John L, white, male, age 18, son, at home, born Indiana, father born Kentucky, mother born Kentucky
Wade, Harry W, white, male, age 16, son, at home, born Indiana, father born Kentucky, mother born Kentucky,.