- [S287] Eula Richardson Hasskarl, Shelby County Kentucky Marriages Vol II (1834-1878) Page 7, Marriage of Lewis Guthrie and Ann Cook, Garril Louis Kueber Sr.
Lewis Guthrie and Ann Cook, daughter of Seth Cook, married 21 Jul 1835. Bondsman - William Cook.
- [S532] Charles M Franklin, Shelby County Kentucky Wills & Estates 1792-1817 Page 7,
Cook, William (noncupative will) Will Book 3, page 421, Dated (died 16 Mar 1814) Recorded May, 1814
Wife- Catherine Cook
Children- Not named
Brother- Abraham Cook
Brother- Seth Cook
Witnesses: Thomas Mitchell & John Smack.
- [S610] U.S. Census Kentucky 1850, Jesse Cook, Shelby County, District 1, October 2, 1850, page 325A, Dwelling 760, Family 760, Ancestry.com census images, National Archives, Washington DC,
J Cook, age 30, male, born Kentucky, real estate 300
E Cook, age 25, female, born Kentucky
C Cook, age 3, male, born Kentucky
M Cook, age 2, female, born Kentucky
H Whitman, age 28, male, born Kentucky, real estate 30
O Brown, age 50, male born Kentucky, farmer
N Brown, age 50, female, born Kentucky,.
- [S828] Cemeteries in Shelby County, Kentucky (Shelby County Historical Society, (1978)), pages 246-262, Pigeon Fork Cemetery, Garril Louis Kueber Sr.
Pigeon Fork Cemetery is just inside Anderson Co across the road from dividing Shelby and Anderson Co.
- [S1147] Henry Clemons and Susan Kesler, marriage license and return, October 29, 1863, Volume 9, Kentucky, Shelby Co Marriage Records, Volumes 8-9, 1852-1869, film no. 0259275, Latter Day Saints Church, Salt Lake City, Utah,
Henry Clemons of Lexington, age 26, 1st marriage, farmer, born Lexington, father born Virginia, mother born Kentucky, and Susan Ann Kesler of Shelby, age 25, first marriage, born Franklin, father and mother born Kentucky, married 29 Oct 1863. Bondsman - James Kesler, father of Susan. Marriage at James Kesler's by T M Daniel.
- [S1244] James William Hayden and Ethelinda Johnson, marriage license and return, June 3, 1880, Volume 11C(white), Page 325, Kentucky, Shelby Co Marriage Records, Volumes 10A-11C, 1869-1881, film no. 1759305, Latter Day Saints Church, Salt Lake City, Utah,
James William Hayden, residence Shelby Co, age 24, first marriage, farmer, born Shelby Co, father born Franklin Co, mother born Franklin Co, and Ethelinda Johnson, residence Shelby Co, age 20, born Shelby Co, father born Shelby Co, mother born Shelby Co, married June 3, 1880 at the residence of John Johnson, Shelby Co. Bondsman - John Johnson (father of bride).
- [S1620] E-mail from Wanda Payne, to Garril L Kueber, January 22, 2000.
- [S1915] James Hollcraft Family Group Sheet, July 13, 2000 Donald Hollcroft,.
- [S2328] E-mail from Phyllis Shackelford Hedges, to Garril L Kueber, November 9, 2001.
- [S2803] U.S. Census, Population Schedule, Kentucky, 1820, Catherine Cook, Shelby County, 1820, Page 151, Ancestry.com census images, National Archives, Washington DC,
male 16-26: 2
male 10-16: 2
male 0-10: 2
female over 45: 1
female 16-26: 2
female 10-16: 1,.
- [S2806] Eula Richardson Hasskarl, Shelby County Kentucky Marriages 1792-1833 (May, 1983), Page 47, Marriage of Wm Cooke and Betsey Sacre, Garril Louis Kueber Sr.
Cooke, Wm B and Betsey Sacre (Sacred) (father is dead; mother Elizabeth Sacred) married 14 Feb 1811, bondsman - William Yunt.
- [S2858] William G Scroggins, File on William Cook (1730-1790), Garril Louis Kueber Sr,unpublished,, last updated August 20, 1998,Woodford County, Kentucky,inventory of Jesse Cook and Lewis Mastin estate,pages 17-18,
Woodford County Sct
We Jno Stephens John Miles and John McAndrew pursuant to an order of the worshipful Court of the said County haveing been duly sworn have proceeded to appraise the estate of Jesse Cook and Lewis Mastin both decd this 4th day of May 1793 which is as follows (to wit)
Personal estate of Jesse Cook decd. £ s d
1 young mare £12 1 horse £6-10 18-10-0
1 ----- £3-2-6 Bible and frying pan 28/- 4-10-6
Pot iron 26/- 1 hackle 30/- 2-16-0
Bedstead table and chest £2-4 5 chairs 7/- 2-11-0
2 beds and furniture 10- 0-0
2 pothooks and 1 bell 6-0
1 cow and calf 3- 0-0
1 cow calf and heifer 4-10-0
2 steers and heifer £5-10 5-10-0
(continued to page 96)
1 cow and 2 heifers 5-10-0
1 steer L2-2-0 8 sheep L4-16-0 6-18-0
hoggs L2-5 1 kettle L2 5-10-0
Margaret Mastin dr. 1-10-0
total 18- 3-0
brought over 51-13-6
Total amount of Jesse Cooks estate 69-16-6
Personal estate of Lewis Mastin decd £ s d
1 negro girl slave 40- 0-0
1 young mare 12- 0-0
1 mare £9 sheep and hoggs £1-16 10-16-0
bed and furniture £5-0 pewter and potts £1-0-36 6- 0-36
1 heifer 15/- 1 steer yearling 18/- 1-13-0
1 chest and chairs £1-0 1 Bible 5/- 1- 5-0
Total amount of Lewis Mastins estate 71-17-6
Woodford May Court 1793
These inventories and appraisements was returned into Court and ordered to be recorded
Teste Cave Johnson CC
The appraiser John McAndrew probably was John McAndre, who was present at the Indian attack.,.
- [S2859] William G Scroggins, File on William Cook (1730-1790), Garril Louis Kueber Sr,unpublished, last updated August 20, 1998,Woodford County, Kentucky,power of attorney for William Cook III and Seth Cook, et al,pages 18-19,
On 01 October 1793 William Cook III and Seth Cook, for themselves and for the other heirs of William Cook, Jr., gave their power of attorney to Thomas Jones of Franklin County, Virginia, for the purposes of selling some land:
Know all men by these presents that we William Cook & Seth Cook & the Heirs of William Cook Decsd of the County of Woodford & State of Kentucky do ... appoint ... Thomas Jones of the County of Franklin and State of Virginia our ... Atterney ... to ... Convey a Certain track of Land from the Heirs of William Cook Ds to Thomas Jones in as Ample manner and form as we Could do in Person to make ... Deeds to and for the Same to Receive and give Receipts for Also ... in Witness whereof we have hearunto set our hands & seals this first day of October in the year of our Lord one thousand seven hundred & ninety three
William Cook (Seal)
Seth Cook (Seal)
Woodford Co Sct
Personally appeared before us two of the Commonwealth Justices of the peace for the County aforesaid William Cook & Seth Cook & acknowledged the above letter of Atterney to be their Act & deed & the Signatures & Seals thereunto Set and Affixed to be their hand writing and their Seals given under our hands & Seals this 1st day of October 1793
Marquis Calmes (Seal)
Robt Alexander (Seal)
State of Kentucky Woodford County Sct
I hereby Certify that Marquis Calmes & Robert Alexander before whom the within Letter of Atterney appears to have been taken are two of the common Wealths Justices of the Peace for the said County and that due faith & Credit is and should be given them as Such in Testimony whereof I have hereunto affixed the seal of the said County & Subscribed my name as Clerk thereof this 1st day of October 1793.
Franklin October Court 1794 The within Power of Atterney was produced into Court & the same was received & ordered to be recorded
Test James Calloway Clk,.
- [S4320] Elizabeth W. McNamara, Descendants of Thomas Crutcher, Died 1722, Essex County, Virginia (n.p.: n.pub., 1985).
- [S4331] Joe W Cook, FGS William Cook IV (n.p.: n.pub., unknown publish date).
- [S4349] William E Railey, History of Woodford County (n.p.: n.pub., unknown publish date).
- [S4403] Joe W Cook, FGS Seth Cook (n.p.: n.pub., unknown publish date).
- [S4409] Unknown author, Scroggins-Edring~1 File (n.p.: n.pub., unknown publish date).
- [S4676] Unknown author, Early Marriage Bonds of Franklin County, Kentucky (n.p.: n.pub., unknown publish date).
- [S4730] Eula Richardson Hasskarl, Shelby County Kentucky Marriages 1792-1833 (May, 1983), Page 140, Marriage of Abraham C Cook and Sarah Cook, Garril Louis Kueber Sr.
Abraham C Cook and Sarah Cook married January 24, 1832.