- [S319] U.S. Census Kentucky 1850, Lewis Wilcoxson, Shelby County, District 1, October 3, 1850, Page 325B, Dwelling 771, Family 771, Ancestry.com census images, National Archives Washington DC,
L Wilcoxson (Lewis), age 45, male, born KY, real estate 1870
L Wilcoxson, age 27, female, born KY
J? Wilcoxson, age 20, male, born KY
J? Wilcoxson, age 18, born KY
W Wilcoxson, age 16, male, born KY
A Wilcoxson, age 15, male, born KY
S? A Wilcoxson, age 13, male, born KY
A Wilcoxson, age 10, male, born KY
S? L? Wilcoxson, age 2, male, born KY,.
- [S377] U.S. Census Kentucky 1860, Lewis Wilcoxson, Shelby County, District 2, June 27, 1860, Page 80, Dwelling 592, Family 552, Ancestry.com census images, National Archives, Washington DC,
Lewis Wilcoxon, age 56, male
Laurinda Wilcoxon, age 37, female
Isaac Wilcoxon, age 27, male
Warren Wilcoxon, age 25, male
Andrew J Wilcoxon, age 20, male
Sallie A Wilcoxon, age 21, female
John L Wilcoxon, age 12, male
Quinn Wilcoxon, age 10, male
James W Miles, age 28, male, carpenter, born KY
Isaac A Wilcoxon, age 25, male, born KY, Pers Prop 1500
Anna Cain, age 15, female, born LA,.
- [S672] U.S. Census Kentucky 1880, I P Wilcoxson, Shelby County, Christiansburg, ED 184, June 1, 1880, Page 1, Dwelling 2, Family 2, Ancestry.com census images, National Archives, Washington DC,
Wilcoxson, I P, white, male, age 47, born Kentucky, father born North Carolina, mother born Kentucky, postmaster
Wilcoxson, B F, white, female, age 39, wife, born Kentucky, father born Kentucky, mother born Kentucky
Wilcoxson, Louis, white, male, age 14, son, born Kentucky, father born Kentucky, mother born Kentucky
Wilcoxson, Katie C, white, female, age 10, daughter, born Kentucky, father born Kentucky, mother born Kentucky
Wilcoxson, Estalla B, white, female, age 7, daughter, born Kentucky, father born Kentucky, mother born Kentucky
Wilcoxson, Leon, white, male, age 4, son, born Kentucky, father born Kentucky, mother born Kentucky
Coombs, Jos B, white, male, age 34, brother-in-law, born Kentucky, father born Kentucky, mother born Kentucky, telegraph operator,.
- [S973] U.S. Census Kentucky 1830, Lewis Wilcoxen, Shelby County, 1830, Page 254, north of road from Louisville to Frankfort, Ancestry.com census images, National Archives, Washington DC,
male age 70-80: 1 (probably father Daniel Wilcoxson)
male age 20-30: 1
female age 70-80: 1 (probably mother Sarah Faulconer)
female age 20-30: 1
- [S1169] Clempson Onan and Amanda Wilcox, marriage license and return, April 20, 1857, Volume 8, Kentucky, Shelby Co Marriage Records, Volumes 8-9, 1852-1869, film no. 0259275, Latter Day Saints Church, Salt Lake City, Utah,
Clempson Onan of Franklin, age 22, born Shelby, and Amanda Wilcox (Wilcoxson) of Shelby, age 20, born Shelby, married 20 Apr 1857, minister- T M Daniel. Bondsman - Lewis Wilcoxson (Wilcox), father of Amanda.
- [S1180] F H Richey and Sallie Wilcoxson, marriage license and return, December 29, 1863, Volume 9, Kentucky, Shelby Co Marriage Records, Volumes 8-9, 1852-1869, film no. 0259275, Latter Day Saints Church, Salt Lake City, Utah,
Richey, F H of Hart, age 34, 1st marr, carpenter, born Allen, father born Virginia, and Sallie A Wilcoxson of Shelby, age 22, 1st marr, born Shelby, father born Woodford, mother born Shelby, married 29 Dec 1863, bondsman J F Wilcoxson, brother (book erroneously says father) of Sallie.
- [S1193] Lineage of Taliaferro Craig, this source may be viewed at http://www.geocities.com/taliaferro/talone.htm, reviewed update of 29 June 1998.
- [S1284] Cemeteries in Shelby County, Kentucky Page 177-178, Wilcoxson Cemetery, Garril Louis Kueber Sr.
Wilcoxson Cemetery is located from Bagdad, Ky, drive east on Ky 12 for 0.9 miles to its intersection with Ky 1005. Turn right onto 1005 and continue southeast 1.2 miles. The cemetery is on the right on the boundary line between the farms owned by Raymond Brewer on the east and James Stivers on the west. It is located on the north side of a tobacco barn and within 200 feet of the highway. This survey was made on October 16, 1977.
This cemetery is composed of two graves marked by fieldstones. On October 16, 1977, the Shelby County Historical Society and the Isaac Shelby Chapter of the Daughters of the American Revolution erected a monument in memory of Daniel Wilcoxson who is buried here. The inscription on the stone is as follows: DANIEL/WILCOXSON/LT/CONTINENTAL/LINE/REV WAR/MAR 13 1754/JUN 16 1837. According to local sources, the other fieldstone marks the grave of Sarah "Sally" Faulkner Wilcoxson, who was the wife of Daniel Wilcoxson. She was the daughter of John and Joyce Craig Faulkner and was born July 15, 1766 and died on August 10, 1831.
- [S1946] J William Mann, Faulconers of Virginia and Related Families of Spotsylvania and Orange Counties, Virginia1989,.
- [S1967] Lewis Wilcoxson and Laura Griffy, marriage bond, consent, license and return, October 1, 1846, microfilm frames 57-59, Kentucky, Anderson Co Marriage Loose Papers, 1837-1847, film no. 0259309, Latter Day Saints Family History Library, Salt Lake City, Utah,
Bond for Lewis Wilcoxson, October 1, 1846, to marry Laura Griffy of this county, bondsman David D Griffy, also consent by David D Griffy, father of Laura Griffy. Also a return signed by Jordan H Walker, clerk of court who issued the license that he did marry them October 1, 1846.
- [S1970] I P Wilcoxson and Beatrice Coombs, marriage license and return, November 20, 1860, Volume D, page 113, Kentucky, Anderson Co Marriage Bonds, Books A-D, film no. 0259308, Latter Day Saints Family History Library, Salt Lake City, Utah,
Bond for I P Wilcoxson and Miss Beatrice Coombs to marry dated November 19, 1860, bondsman Isaac N Wilcoxson. Marriage return certified by J H Walker, minister O S Bapt Church, that on November 20, 1860 at the house of J D Coombs in Anderson County, witnesses Elijah Singleton and J D Coombs.
- [S1986] E-mail from Jackie Welsh, to Garril L Kueber, November 29, 2000.
- [S2708] Eula Richardson Hasskarl, Shelby County Kentucky Marriages 1792-1833 Page 134, Marriage of Lewis Wilcoxson and Nancy Miles, Garril Louis Kueber Sr.
Lewis Wilcoxson and Nancy Miles married October 27, 1829.
- [S2749] U.S. Census Kentucky 1840, Lewis Wilcox, Shelby County, 1840, Page 136, Ancestry.com census images, National Archives, Washington DC,
male age 30-40: 1
male age 10-15: 1
male age 5-10: 2
female age 30-40: 1
female age to 5: 2
2 in agriculture,.
- [S3174] Louie Griffey Family Tree, Louie Griffey, this source may be viewed at http://tribalpages.com/tribe/browse?userid=mrlouie01&rand=73234, reviewed update of February 24, 2005.
- [S3823] Daniel Wilcoxson; Revolutionary War Pension File;.
- [S4974] Semones Genealogy information, received from Mary Belle Cole, March 7, 2009, Garril Louis Kueber Sr,.
- [S5510] Sallie Ann Richey, Kentucky Death Certificate 12326, died April 4, 1923, Bagdad, Shelby County, Kentucky, Kentucky Death Records, 1852-1953, Ancestry.com, Ancestry.com World Wide Web site,.
- [S5511] Warren Wilcoxson, Kentucky Death Certificate 12654, died September 20, 1919, Bagdad, Shelby County, Kentucky, Kentucky Death Records, 1852-1953, Ancestry.com, Ancestry.com World Wide Web site,.
- [S15157] Kentucky Genealogy and Biography Volume VII (McDowell Publications),1981 (original publication in 1880s), Page 263-264, Garril Louis Kueber Sr,
DR A J WILCOXSON, a prominent merchant of Christiansburg, Ky, was born in Shelby County, April 2, 1841, a son of Lewis and Nancy (Miles) Wilcoxson. He received a good common-school education, and in 1864 commenced to read medicine. He attended two full courses of lectures at the University of Louisvllle, Ky, 1864-1865 and 1865-1866, and graduated with honors in February, 1866. He then located in Bridgeport in Franklin County, and practiced one year; later moved to Christiansburg and opened a drug store, also continuing to practice his profession. He was in the drug business for about four years, and in 1872 opened a general store at the same place, and continued very successfully until 1885. He then sold out to accept a position in the clothing store of Oakball at Louisville, but preferring to be in business for himself remained in Louisville only a few months. He returned to Christiansburg and opened a general store, and is now the leading merchant in the town. He married, September 7, 1865, Miss Emma Clayton of Shelby County, daughter of Dr James and Catherine (Holmes) Clayton. Of six children born to this union, five are living: Salin born September 16, 1868, and now clerking in the store for his father; Kate T, attending school at Georgetown; Guy C, born September 22, 1872, Earl, born June 2, 1877; Elbert Boone, born June 2, 1883. Dr Wilcoxson is a member of the Baptist Church, as are also his wife and daughter. The Doctor is a man of mark in the community, of commanding figure and attractive appearance, generous, unselfish and thoroughly amiable, a gentleman of pleasing manners and a great favorite with all who know him.